Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Six Hours and Counting

I have been awake since 2:30. It. Is. HORRIBLE. I have been awake for six hours, and I feel like I stayed up at a lock-in. Does anyone else feel sick when they are nervous? I do, and the flight here to Newark was pretty bad for me. The trip was smooth and all, but while we were descending, I was like OH NO I FEEL SICK. Now that I look back on it, I must have looked pretty funny; I was holding tightly onto my seat, was sweating like it was 80 degrees, and closing my eyes. It was pitiful. The Lord is good; I was not sick, and I feel much better now. Whew.


So yeah we woke up and got the bags loaded up into two vans, which were driven by Mr.Dahnke and Mr. and Mrs. Bell. (Thank you very much!) We have 12 bags and 8 carry-ons total. I finally ended up using my second suitcase (half of which was filled with DVDs and Emily's toiletry bag). So we got to the airport and spent what seemed like FOREVER checking in and getting our boarding passes. Carolyn's passport fell down on the scale and we couldn't find it for a minute. We were all freaking out. But then the lady from the airline found it....it was extremely stressful but probably amusing for the other passengers. Then we flew about 1.5 hours to Newark, New Jersey. I am sitting in the waiting area for C-74. We have a rather long layover--6 hours. (Thank goodness for WiFi!!)



Thank you for all your prayers! We have had a pretty uneventful trip so far, which is good. I am thankful that the day is passing by and that we will be on our way to Lima in a bit. (actually a long time, but whatever.) Our flight leaves at about 2:30. The flight is around 8-8.5 hours long. We will get to Lima at 11-ish (hopefully) and then we have to go through customs...more on that later. Mom says to expect to arrive at our apartment at 1-ish. Ew...So I will function and continue with my no-sleep state a little longer.
Mags:)

No comments:

Post a Comment