Saturday, January 23, 2010

Tuesday

I am a bad blogger for not posting stuff in a while. I apologize. Pictures to come!

This past Tuesday my family went to Reina de la Paz, a home in a different section of Lima. It is for teen girls who have babies or are pregnant. Most of them were sexually abused. The youngest mom I have seen there was 13 years old. So that's like my fellow freshmen girls having a toddler to take care of. Scary, right? I have been to Reina on the mission trips that I went on with my church, so it was nice to come back and see the girls again. Mom did a mothering session in which she talked about bonding with the babies. Then the girls asked questions about parenting tips like sharing and discipline. I personally sat in a little bit on the class but had to go out to help watch all the toddlers. They are so cute! Later we had cake to celebrate Giugliana's birthday (she was there translating for my mom and helping the girls understand). After that everyone headed outside to play soccer and watch the babies.Soccer was played on the cement slab with lines painted on and goals on either side. I love playing with the girls; they are good but also have tons and tons of fun playing with us and each other. Yaneth asked when we would be back, and Mom said next Tuesday. Yaneth then said, "You can come everyday!" :)

Please pray for the girls that they would not be overwhelmed with their kids and that they would grow closer to God. Also please pray for the ones who have left the home and are trying to get jobs, raise babies,and go to school.
Mags:)

No comments:

Post a Comment